Saturday, July 16, 2011

Awkward commercials on TV?

Do what I do. I call the company that puts them out and tell them what is wrong with their commercials. So far I've gotten 12 of them removed or changed. For example, remember the one where the woman has borrowed her daughter's shirt and gets something on it. It's a stain remover commerical. The daughter wants to wear the shirt and she can't find it so she goes and asks her mom and the mom looks back and remembers she got it stained and forgot it so she 'lies' to the daughter and says she doesn't know where the shirt is. DUH. They just taught teens that parents have the right to lie to them so the teens might as well lie also. So I exposed that to the company and now you do not see the mother lying. That part is cut out of the commercial. I've done that to lots of companies and the most recent one I've called at last week was the commercial where they blow a bubble and the kitten is put into the bubble. That is teaching a child that if he can't do that then try a plastic bag since the bag looks like a bubble so he is now exposed to animal cruelty. Plus what do children think happens to the kitten inside the bubble when the bubble pops? It falls and gets hurt.... right? That is how a child's mind thinks. We'll see what they do with that one. If I see it on more than 3 times then I send a note to all my friends and ask them to call and complain as well. The more people that call the worse it is for a company so get all the information you need about who to call and then get all your friends to call and get the ad's changed or off the tv. That is what it will take. I'm getting good results on the ones I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment