Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is there hope for me? College?

i haven't done too great throughout hs, because i've been depressed over my mother's death and it's taken quite the emotional toll on me. i'm a junior right now and i'm in a dual college/high school program working towards my associate in sciences degree. (i entered this program in january, last semester in high school i didn't do great either) last quarter (in the college program) i did fine (2 b's and a c) but this quarter, i'm not doing too well but it's not my fault. my books came a month into the quarter (i contacted amazon multiple times but it was entirely out of my power to have obtained them sooner) and ive bugged my teachers about extensions/extra credit/makeup assignments but they are very stingy won't have it. so there goes half my grade. and i graduate in around a year. i want to be an optometrist and go to school for that right out of high school. anyways, i have also done a bunch of official and unofficial extracurriculars throughout these years. i acted and modeled for this company, babysat (countless) times, volunteered for a handful of events, ran a layout website (back when myspace was popular), took part in a college prep program (which is different from what im doing now) and what not. my only hope right now is to just try my best throughout the rest of the quarter. i asked today if i can retake these same classes in the summer, they said i could, but it won't overwrite the grade i would've gotten this quarter. but for next year (september) i'm taking all my college math and science classes which are the major points in my degree. currently i have a job, am still babysitting, taking part time high school and doing this college program full time. i take my SATS in june and im planning on taking advanced computer courses (at my college) in the summer so i can take an ap exam for computer sciences before i graduate, and i also plan on getting my pilot's license within the next 5 years or so. i'm seriously so depressed and down in the dumps about this. i've cried and had horrible thoughts because this point in life is make-or-break it. i wanted to know if i have any hope at this point in time. if i explained this situation to colleges, what would they say? what can i do right now to help myself out? (don't say things like "get off yahoo answers and do your work.") i know im very determined, very smart and very capable. my depression over the years has made me sluggish with schoolwork but i know i am smart. please help me out. this is very serious, i'd appreciate thoughtful answers and not careless ones... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment